Friday, November 4, 2011

Inspiration

Today, I would like emphasis on the word ‘Inspiration’. Inspiration is a very vital part of life. Inspiration persuades us to move forward and become the best of us.

So here are my inspirations:

Living in Dubai, as a kid we only had one channel to watch. Channel 33! For most of our growing years, we were hooked on to it. There were a host of shows that were broadcasted, but my favorite was ‘Art Attackt’! Yes, inspiration from this Disney’s Junior Art Show. There are so many fun memories attached to this show.

This is a very exciting programme that has taught us to create many wonderful craft stuff and at the same time taught us to be environmental friendly. So guys, check out the link below and get creative.

Disney Junior: Art Attack


Moving on to my tweens, inspiration came from history. I was doing a semester on Humanities and fell head over heels in love with the Baroque period. The art, the music and the architecture was a bit over the top but that’s what made it so unique and rich. Known as the ‘era of elegance’ it captured and played with the strings of my heart. My love for all things visual and sensual was heightened. During this semester, I revisited my inner bond with all things art.

The pieces I loved truly from the baroque period:

Music: Antonio Vivaldi’s concerto “The Four Seasons”. I have added the link below for the piece on ‘Spring’ that you can watch on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-dYNttdgl0&feature=related 



Architecture: The Fontana di Trevi or Trevi fountain in Rome. A depiction of the baroque dramatization. Everything special about it is the emphasis that went onto detail. 



These were just a few things I have mentioned. One last thing I would like to add is, in life it’s important to hold on to your inspiration and let it guide you to bring the best in you.

PS: Just an update on my current project, its 65% complete. Hoping to put it up in another week’s time.

Cheerios.

No comments:

Post a Comment